Another day, another spinner. This one took a lot of trial and error. Due to the intricate corners of it, it failed quite a few times before i got a proper version working.
I’m still working with the spinners, but had a small problem today. Not with the print, that went off fine. I’ve printed for the first time with glow in the dark filament, which is fun, but the spinner i printer had a small imperfection (or was simply too tight) for one of the bearings. it snapped when i forced the bearings in 🙁 It’s a shame cause it was a fun print.
Walking home from the trainstation tonight i was faced with a rather lovely sunset. The world itself was dark, and an orange glowing light was emanating from the center of a silhouette skyline. Of course when i took a picture that effect was mostly lost. The orange was yellow instead, the darkness was replaced by an amazing amount of detail for such low-light conditions. A little photoshop editing first made the air seem as I saw it, but i thought that it shifting the sky above to a more puplish color gave a nicer effect.
Today’s contraption was a fidget spinner. The bearing cap and the spinner itself were from 2 seperate designs, the outer rings are abex 7 bearings, though i replaced the inner one with a ceramic one. Initially both were crap, but after opening them up and dissolving the grease it spins quite nicely. I’m gonna fidget with it a bit more to see if it can continue longer, but for now i’ll call it a day.
When I started with my BIQU printer, i had some trouble getting larger prints to work. Turned out I did a bunch of things wrong, amongst which switching two of the towers, making everything print in mirror. Everything is correct now, and I’m printing my first really large print, an office pencil holder (and post-its, bussinesscards, etc). It’s nowhere near done being a really large print, here’s the progress so far:
Another evening of laying down blocks, its slowly starting to take shape. More pictures, but not done by a long shot. Keep in mind that its not just placing the blocks, but also includes finding the recipes for them, finding the materials and crafting the blocks.
I’ve spend most of today working on a castle in Creativerse, a game much like lego’s and/or minecraft. The castle I’m building there is rather massive, and its going to take me at least a few more days to finish it, but here’s the first picture of the drawbridge.
A couple of days back I already used one of the little gel balls for a contraption, today’s another one. I just love the way that the light plays with them, and its fun to try and bring out those features.
Tonight I’ve gone to one of my old hangouts, #HuppelThePub in The Hague. Because we were a bit on the early side it was still pretty quiet when i took this picture, but it does make for a very pretty picture i think.
Today’s another day of printing and fine-tuning. I’ve rearranged the nozzle a bit so there’s more space between the heat-block and the radiator block, cleaned out the installation, got the new print-bed sticker and auto-leveler installed and found a way to still properly tighten the tiny screw in the heat-block that was giving me trouble getting it tightened. Here’s the print I’m working on, it’s a long one though, so for now its progress you’ll see, not an end product.