In last months curiosity box I received gellballs. Tiny little balls of about 1 to 2 mm, that you drop in water and they grow till 300 times their size (which is slightly larger than a marble) if you take all three dimensions into account. They look awesome, so I took a picture, and enhanced the contrast, highlights, shadows, clarity and luminosity. The light one is the original, the dark one is the end result.
Mixed reality is always fun. So in the spirit of Roger Rabbit, I’ve decided to let Courage loose on Ypenburg. I’m betting he’s waiting on Muriel to come pick him up.
I felt like drawing pen and paper style again. So I picked a cartoon that I’ve loved since the show began ages ago. A tiny pink dog by the name of courage that despite being scared of literally everything, overcame the creepiest of challenges.
Using silk weave to paint is always a challenge. Yes, most everything you do with it looks awesome, but to get certain shapes or themes going is hard as the brush flows freely around your mouse pointer. I managed to get a nice one set up though, and used photoshop to make it pop out a bit more.
I’m still wanting to get a proper build of that Torii that I’ve tried twice before. But by now I’ve realized its too fragile to print in one go.
So I’ve cut it up, and it is printing. There’s not a complete contraption to show yet, but this should give an indication of the direction things are going.
Halfway! 6 months down, and 6 to go.
One thing I love about photoshop is to take a picture that I like, and to just go and explore the options. Try out filters, play with the balance, just to see what looks good, what looks interesting and what looks like crap. Today’s contraption is the result of this kind of exploration.
A bit late, but i got a bit of a stomach bug or something last night and went to bed before i could finish it. There are a couple of problems with this print. I’m going to have to print it in multiple parts instead of all at once because of the support material getting so mixed in between the tiny fragile parts that it keeps breaking (picture is already partly glued back together again. Also, at the end my printhead got clogged for some as of yet unknown reason.
Unfortunately, today’s contraptions has fallen apart. Quite literally.
This was my first homemade 3d model to be printed, but I misjudged the scale and the sturdiness of the support material. I did learn from this that printing straight to heated glass when using hairspray as adhesive works very well. So it wasn’t all a bust 😉
I love puzzles, and I love puzzle boxes. There are some great oriental puzzle boxes, but they are hard to find, and if you find them they are too expensive (at least this has been my experience). So now i can print my, thats exactly what i did. I’ve shown as little about the puzzle itself as possible to keep the 10 steps needed to open the box a secret
So I’ve gone shopping and got me some acrylic paint that would go well with the markers I’ve already used on the steampunk gear cube. It’s a bit different colors, but it doesn’t look out of place on the device. I’ve gotten rid of almost all of the white that could be reached, so here’s the final version of the Steampunk Gears Cube.